Oasys Patches (all patches are against changeset 2298)
o Fixes oasys.ac so that the oasys source can be installed in a non-standard directory and DTN2 can find it by specifying the location using --with-oasys=<location>
o debug/Log.cc – fixes uninitialized variable per valgrind
o test/Makefile – removed sqlite-db-test which disappeared
o test/marshal-test.cc – setting the logpath must have changed
o test/serialize-test.cc - setting the logpath must have changed
o thread/SpinLock.cc – bug fix in try_lock() which I don’t think is used in DTN2
o thread/SXLock.h – I recommend deleting this as the exclusive lock is not guaranteed for multiple writers. Timing tests show that the SpinLock is better performing than any SXLock I was able to devise. Results and/or code available if desired.
o thread/Timer – Adds a new TimerReaperThread which periodically removes canceled timers from the queue otherwise it does not happen until after they expire. NOTE: This does not allow them to be safely re-used.
DTN2 Patches (all patches are against changeset 3550 but some are cumulative and must be applied in order)
o Combines features from implementations in both the main and apr-port branches and fixes a few bugs.
o This is the same as the ipn_scheme_updates.patch uploaded to Sourceforge a few weeks ago so do not apply this twice.
o Patch 3 tweaks a couple of these files so this needs to be applied first.
o Adds acs.ac for supporting Aggregate Custody Signals: configure using --with-acs to include it in your build
o Adds ecos.acs for supporting the Extended Class of Service block: configure using --with-ecos to include it in your build
o Adds __STDC_FORMAT_MACROS and __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS to the dtn-configuration.h header which are being used more prevalently now
o Requires Patch 0 to be applied first
o WARNING to Age Block users: The Custody Transfer Enhancement block type requires id 0x00a so I had to move the Age block id to 0x00d.
o Implements Aggregate Custody Signals and the required the Custody Transfer Enhancement block processing
o Adds a new “acs” command to configure the ACS features and updates the documentation
o Adds a new persistent store for pending ACSs
o Implements the ground work for the Extended Class of Service block
* This is a partial implementation that adds the ECOS block to outgoing custody signals and processes the most likely used features on incoming blocks but does not do anything with it.
o applib/APIServer – fixed a memory leak in handle_recv() per valgrind
o Tweaks a couple of files in the IPN Scheme update (Patch 0)
o servlib/reg/AdminRegistration – marks bundles as delivered after processing
o servlib/reg/PingRegistration – marks bundles as delivered after processing
o test/unit-tests/bundle-list-test – updated to take into account the all_bundles_list_
o BundleDaemon::cancel_custody_timers – releases the bundle reference so the bundles can be deleted sooner
o Requires Patch 2 to be applied first
o Implements a set of specialized bundle lists so that the best suited for a specific purpose one can be used
* BundleList – the original std::list<Bundle*>
* BundleListIntMap – new std::map<uint32, Bundle*>
* BundleListStrMap – new std::map<string, Bundle*>
* BundleListStrMultiMap – new std::multimap<string, Bundle*>
* Added new unit tests
* incorporated a GbofId object to improve performance with the new bundle list types
* Added a new dupefinder_bundle_ list for detecting receipt of duplicate bundles faster
• Thanks to Jacob Green for his insights
o While using the pending_bundles_ list to pull double duty would not have affected the main event Q itself it got me thinking and I realized that it may change the order bundles were delivered in the case where a registration or link became available after bundles were pending for it.
* Changed the run() method to use the oasys::TimerThread and the new oasys::TimerReaperThread
o servlib/bundling/BundlePayload – changed the directory structure used for storage to speed up access
* Thanks to Elwyn Davies for providing some analysis
* fwd_to_next_hop() now always puts bundles onto the deferred list to maintain delivery order
* check_next_hop() now breaks out of its loop after moving 1 bundle from the deferred list to the queue
* reroute_all_bundles() no longer keeps the pending_bundles_ list locked during all of its processing which should help in the future if/when the BundleDaemon is multi-threaded
* handle_link_created()no longer calls reroute_all_bundles() twice
DZ ( dz-msfc ) - 2012-07-19 14:11:38 PDT
|acs_and_more_patches.zip||Aggregate Custody Signals & Performance Improvement Patches||Download|
|File Added||449334: acs_and_more_patches.zip||2012-07-19 14:11:40 PDT||dz-msfc|